Time honored recipes from those featured on Cooking Up a Story
Check out the video story: Journey of a Barbecue Champion
It’s a long road, and it’s not easy, a personal look at a barbecue world champion.
- 1¾ cups whole pecans
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup sweet pickle relish
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- ½ cup salad dressing (I use Miracle Whip)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 squirts yellow mustard (for color)
- Mix all together and chill.
Yield: Serves 15 people.
Recipe courtesy of Larry Mayes, of 2 Fat Larrys Championship Barbecue Team