Time honored recipes from those featured on CUpS, and from our own family treasures.
Check out the video where Michelle demonstrates how tyo make this recipe: Artichoke Pesto
- 8 oz artichoke hearts – fresh or frozen, but not marinated in oil
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and choppped
- ½ cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 T. fresh thyme leaves
- Juice of one lemon, or to taste
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil – as needed (about ¼ cup)
- In a food processor, chop the artichoke hearts and garlic together using about 6 pulses.
- Add the fresh herbs, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pulse until herbs are chopped and mixed into artichokes.
- . Add walnuts and Parmesan cheese, and two tablespoons of olive oil and pulse until mixed.
- Add additional olive oil until desired pesto consistency is reached – more for a sauce consistency, less for a thicker end result.
- Taste for seasoning.
Yield: Makes about 2 cups 2-4 people
Recipe courtesy Michele Knaus, EatLikeAChef. See Michele Make Artichoke Pesto