Time honored recipes from those featured on Cooking Up a Story
Check out the related video story: Going Whole Hog
Going whole hog for world champion BBQer Mike Davis is an every day experience. A cancer survivor, Davis has made barbecue not only his life’s passion, he has made it into a highly successful career.
- 16-20 count peeled & deveined tiger shrimp
- fajita dry spice
- 1 lb. hickory smoked bacon
- toothpicks or 3-6 bamboo skewers
- Cook on medium hot grill.
- Lightly season the shrimp with the fajita dry spice.
- Wrap seasoned shrimp with hickory smoked bacon.
- Hold bacon in place with toothpick or bamboo skewer.
- Place on medium hot grill.
- Turn 2-3 times, 3-4 minutes each side, until done. Shrimp will be pink and bacon will begin to crisp up. Keep an eye on it.
*Optional: Goes well with a dipping sauce. I sometimes use orange-coconut, sweet & sour, or my favorite BBQ sauce.
Yield: 3 to 6 servings.
Recipe compliments of Mike ‘Sarge’ Davis, Whole Hog Cafè