Time honored recipes from those featured on CUpS, and from our own family treasures.
Check out the related video story: Fun With Fondant
Fondant adds a special zest to cakes, pastries, and candies. See for yourself as a cake decorator creates fun with fondant.
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 6 each egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded & scraped
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- ½ cup coffee
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder (add to hot coffee)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine cream, sugar, vanilla bean seeds and cinnamon. Slowly bring up to a boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk together egg yolks in a separate bowl.
- When cream mixture has reached a boil, remove from heat and slowly whisk into egg yolks.
- Return mixture to pot and cook over medium-low heat until thickened, whisking constantly. Be careful not to overcook the mixture or the eggs will curdle. You can also cook the mixture over a double boiler, it will take slightly longer but you will have more control over the temperature.
- Strain mixture into clean bowl and then stir in chocolate and coffee. Immediately pour into serving cups and refrigerate.
Yield: 5-6oz. cups
Recipe compliments of Robin Hassett