Time honored recipes from those featured on Cooking Up a Story
Check out the video: Organic Foods: Backyard Agriculture A simple idea led two women into a thriving new enterprise. Creating backyard mini-farms for homeowners who want to start growing their own fresh herbs and vegetables, but lack the time or resources to do it themselves. The following recipe is a favorite of Robyn’s, which came from her mom’s collection of recipes. Simple, yet flavorful!
- 4 yellow crookneck squash, sliced 1/4 in thick
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced 1/4 in thick
- 2 green onions, minced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon style mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- In a lightly oiled 1 quart shallow baking dish, alternate squash and tomato slices.
- Sprinkle with green onions.
- . Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool before serving; the flavor will be superior. *Another option: Slices of eggplant can be added. Increase baking time to 35 minutes and top with Parmesan cheese.
Yield: Serves 2-4 people
Recipe courtesy of Robyn’s Mom, directly from her kitchen.