Check out the related video story: Brad Can Cook
Place 3 teenagers in a small kitchen, one being the cook—add a dash of understatement; a measure of serious resolve; 2 cups sass and good natured razz, and you get: Brad Can Cook.
- 4-6 Tilapia fillets
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 3 Tablespoons onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- Wash each of the fillets, set aside.
- Mix together the breading ingredients, place in medium shallow dish.
- Heat oil in fry pan on medium heat.
- Beat eggs in bowl.
- Dip each fillet (both sides), one at a time, in egg wash.
- Carry over to breading dish, and dip each side in flour mixture. Make sure the breading covers the fish completely.
- Check to make sure the oil is hot enough for frying (remember wooden spoon trick).
- Fry Tilapia for 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on thickness.
I like to use 2 spatulas when I flip them over. Less chance of them falling apart.
Yield: Serves 4 people
Recipe courtesy of Brad, from Brad Can Cook