Time honored recipes from those featured on the CUPS show
Check out the video story: Journey of a Barbecue Champion
It’s a long road, and it’s not easy, a personal look at a barbecue world champion.
- 1¾ cups whole pecans
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup molasses
- 6-10 catfish filets
- 1 quart buttermilk
- ½ cup Head Country Championship Seasoning (or favorite rub or seasoning)
- 1 pound thin bacon
- Wash the catfish filets and pat dry.
- Place filets into bowl of buttermilk, and let soak for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove and sprinkle seasoning on both sides.
- Wrap each buttermilk-soaked filet, one at a time, with one slice of bacon. Use toothpicks to hold in place.
- Barbecue 3-4 minutes, over a medium heat, on each side. Be sure and discard buttermilk after use.
Yield: Serves 6-10 people.
Recipe courtesy of Larry Mayes, of 2 Fat Larrys Championship Barbecue Team