Chef Annie Cuggino of Veritable Quandary, demonstrates how to turn simple ingredients into an incredibly tasty salmon salad dish.
The complete recipe from this demonstration is provided below:
Salmon Gravlax and Creme Fraiche Recipes
courtesy of Annie Cuggino of Veritable Quandary
Ingredients: (creme fraiche)
1 quart of heavy cream
(makes 1 quart)
- heat heavy cream to 90 degrees
- remove from heat and stir in 1 TB buttermilk
- leave at room temperature for 24-48 hours, or until thickened
- 1 side of Salmon approx 4lb. Bones removed skin on.
- 1 lb Brown sugar
- 1/2 lb Kosher Salt
- 1/4 c whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 c fennel fronds minced
- zest of 3 lemons & 3 limes
- mix all together.
- 1 1/2 oz Absolute Citron
- splash the side of salmon with the absolute citron
- pack the salmon in the salt/sugar mixture
- wrap in cheesecloth
- weight it down lightly
- refrigerate for 24 hours
- rinse cure off with cold water
- pat dry.