Time honored recipes from those featured on the CUPS show
Check out the related video story: Tons of Tasty Tomatoes
Tons of tomatoes, and over 70 different varieties are represented at this tomato fest. These farm fresh tomatoes have character, beauty, and yes, even charm.
- 8-9 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic (minced or pressed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/3 cup wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- Combine garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, dry mustard, wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Marinate tomatoes in the mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours, basting occasionally.
- I like to add thinly sliced onions and yummy fresh green or red peppers.
Yield: Serves 4-6 people
Recipe courtesy of Mary Misseldine