Time honored recipes from those featured on the CUPS show
heck out the video story: Journey of a Barbecue Champion
It’s a long road, and it’s not easy, a personal look at a barbecue world champion.
- 1 large can of peaches, drained
- 5 slices of white bread
- ¾ cup of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of flour
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- Butter a 9×13 pan.
- Pour drained peaches into pan and spread out evenly.
- Cut crusts off bread and set aside.
- Cut slices of crust less bread into fingers (3 per slice). Place fingers about ½ inch apart on top of peaches.
- Melt ¼ cup of butter in a small fry pan. Tear up the crusts into small pieces. Add these and the nutmeg to the melted butter. Sauté crusts until brown and a little crispy. Pour over peaches and bread fingers.
- Melt ½ cup of butter in saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup of sugar, 2 Tablespoons of flour, and the beaten egg. Pour the melted butter mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until brown.
Yield: Serves 6-8 people.
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Larry Mayes, 2 Fat Larrys and Jack’s Rib Shack.