Time honored recipes from those featured on Cooking Up a Story
Video from the show: Food Works Food Works provides opportunities to young people to make a difference in their communities.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups peeled and grated zucchini
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of nuts
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Stir together eggs, sugar and zucchini.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon,
and baking powder.
- . Add dry mixture to zucchini mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and nuts.
- Bake at 325º for 1 hour. (May need up to 15
minutes more, depending on oven)
- Cool completely before freezing.
To make Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread simply add
6oz chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of cocoa.
For Pineapple Zucchini Bread add 1-8oz can of
Yields: Makes about 2 loaves
Recipe courtesy of Ann Marie Solitaire, Janus Youth Programs.