Check out this related video story: Sheep Cheese: Ancient Heritage Dairy Sheep cheese tastes distinctive, characteristically strong, and very different from cow or goat cheese.
This is a basic pasta recipe. We start with a 18 oz pkg of pasta, about 1/3 # cheese, 1/2 # meat, 2T tomato sauce, 1 cup chopped nuts, greens just for color contrast and go from there, it’s different every time and that is what is fun. We use what we have and enjoy it and the time spent together. The thing about good ingredients is that you can’t fail. We really eat very simply and I rarely use recipes.
- 18 oz package of pasta noodles
- 1/3 pound of cheese: Scio Heritage, Hannah Bridge Heritage or Rosa, you don’t need to use much, to be used as seasoning.
- 1/2 pound of chicken or lamb
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped nuts: hazelnuts, or almonds, or pine nuts
- add fresh seasonal greens: a little for color contrast
The key is using seasonal ingredients, and your imagination! We usually toss in what we have in hand, have fun doing it, and it will always be great!
- Grill chicken or lamb meat
- Roast the nuts
- cut up cheese and melt slowly in pan, add a little tomato sauce and pour on pasta
- add chopped greens, season to taste
- Serve with a salad and a light dressing.
Yield: Serves 2-4 people
Recipe courtesy of Kathy Obringer, Ancient Heritage Dairy