Check out the related video story: Tons of Tasty Tomatoes
Tons of tomatoes, and over 70 different varieties are represented at this tomato fest. These farm fresh tomatoes have character, beauty, and yes, even charm.
- 1 lb. fresh egg or spinach fettuccine (or mixture of both)
- 12 roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 6-10 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray or coat lightly a 9×13 baking dish with olive oil, and arrange the halved tomatoes in it, cut side up.
- On top of the tomatoes, distribute evenly the garlic and half of the herbs (1/4 cup of each).
- Sprinkle with salt and a generous grind of black pepper and top each tomato with a small dot of margarine or butter.
- Bake for 60 minutes, uncovered, in a 400 degree oven.
- A few minutes before it’s done, cook the fresh pasta.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and add the remaining herbs and olive oil.
- Toss well, and top with fresh parmesan cheese.
Yield: Serves 4 people
Recipe courtesy of Jill Charvat, Portland Farmer’s Market