Check out the related video story: Freezing Fruit For All Seasons An inside look at the Willamette Valley Fruit Company plant that freezes fresh, and locally produced fruits, for year-round uses.
- 1 9” pie shell
- 1 quart blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup of water
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of cornstarch
- 3 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- Bring to boil 1 cup of blueberries in 2/3 cup of water. Simmer for 3 minutes.
Blend sugar, cornstarch, and 1/3 cup of water; add to the boiling mixture.
Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- I save ½ cup of choice berries for garnish.
- Spread softened cream cheese over the bottom of baked pie shell.
Mix remaining berries gently with cooked mixture (which has cooled) and pour over the cream cheese.
- Garnish with the choice berries that were set aside.
Refrigerate until firm, approximately 2 hours.
- Optional: Top with whip crème.
Yield: Serves 8
Recipe courtesy of Mom