Serves 4-6 people.
- 1 pound fennel quartered and cored
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated fine
- Heat the butter in a sauté pan or pan with high sides (enough room that the fennel is in a single layer), add fennel and coat with butter.
- Add stock and lemon juice bring to a simmer and then turn heat to low with a lid.
- Cook until tender but still holds its shape.
- Remove cover and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and place under broiler until parmesan is golden brown.
See Related recipe and in the Kitchen video: Braised Lamb with Hazelnut Brown Ale