This DVD may be securely purchased on my Rebecca Gerendasy Clay – Art Squarespace store.
• Visually detailed and easy to follow instructions geared toward the novice baking enthusiast
• Provides thorough understanding of the basics of fondant decoration
• Carefully divided into chapters and sub-chapters for easy review
• Quickly learn how to create your own professional looking fondant cakes
• Learn about the tools you need to really get started
• Build your self confidence quickly by following expert advice you will appreciate
$24.95 $12.95 (on Sale!)
Professional cake artisan Robin Hassett offers detailed, easy to follow demonstrations how to create a rich variety of visually stunning fondant cakes, and styles. This unique and inspirational DVD provides a firm foundation and the confidence to create your own fondant decorated cakes.
A story about Robin Hassett from our Cooking Up a Story show:
Additional DVD titles:
• BBQ Secrets: The Master Guide to Extraordinary Barbecue Cookin’
• Inside The World of Championship Barbecue
Library Journal Review:
Cake Decorating: Fun with Fondant; Basics and Birthdays 1. color. 110+ min.
Robin Hassett, co-owner of and baker at the Dessert Tray in Portland, OR, shares in this lively and informative DVD her tips and tricks for working with fondant, that mix of sugar, water, and flavoring that is the foundation of many candies and icings.
After discussing the basic tools and techniques, Hassett provides a recipe for fondant and then goes through the step-by-step process of decorating two different birthday cakes. Excellent production values and a well-designed menu allow viewers to navigate the DVD with ease. Hassett proves to be an engaging and cheery guide to the world of fondant, making this program the perfect choice for beginning cooks who want to start turning out their own colorful cakes. A useful addition to any public library cooking collection.—Library Journal, January 2011