Check out the related video story: The Art of Food Photography The pictures can be tantalizing. Some even cause us to stop and stare. Join us, for a behind the scenes look at a food photographer and his team as they create sumptuous images out of fresh ingredients that seem to jump off the page.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 flat anchovies, finely minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Discard the outer layer of leaves from the head of romaine. Separate whole leaves, or slice across head diagonally into one inch sections.
- Wash, drain, dry, and place into largest salad bowl, then refrigerate.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and Dijon mustard.
- Finely mince the anchovy fillets, and whisk together with liquid ingredients.
- Drizzle mixture over chilled romaine, and toss well.
- Sprinkle parmesan, and cracked black pepper over top to taste.
- Serve 2-4 on large plates with slices of crusty olive bread, and glass of Pinot Grigio.
Recipe courtesy of Ed Gowans, Ed Gowans Food & Beverage Photography