- 3 —14.5 ounce cans of green beans
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of margarine
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- dash white pepper
- ½ cup cream
- 2 egg yolks, fork beaten
- ¼ cup finely snipped parsleyli>
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cook onion until soft in hot margarine in a heavy saucepan.
- Blend in the flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat until bubbly.
- Stir in the cream and add the ¼ cup of chicken broth. Bring to boiling.
- Cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Vigorously stir about 2 Tablespoons hot mixture into egg yolks.
- Immediately blend into mixture in saucepan. Mix in parsley.
- Cook over low heat 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice.
- Pour over heated, drained beans and toss lightly.
Yield: 6-8 servings
Recipe compliments of Sue Root, Truitt Brothers