Check out the related video story: Monastery Mustard From a very old family recipe, that remains a closely guarded secret, this mustard is hand-made by the Benedictine Sisters at Queen of Angels Monastery.
Ingredients for Pork:
- 6-8 boneless pork chops or small pork roast
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Hallelujah Jalapeno Monastery Mustard
Ingredients for Salsa:
- 1 – 20oz. can pineapple tidbits
- 3 medium cucumbers / peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint / minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Hallelujah Jalapeno Monastery Mustard
- 3 teaspoons grated ginger root
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions for the Pork:
- Mix together all ingredients and spread evenly on all parts of chops or roast.
- Cover and refrigerate 1-5 hours.
- After marinating 1-5 hours, remove meat from marinate and grill chops or bake roast as you usually would.
Serve with the salsa and rice.
Directions for the Salsa:
- Mix together all ingredients for the salsa.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Yield: Serves 6-8 people
Recipe courtesy of Sister Terry Hall, Monastery Mustard