Check out the related video story: Fun With Fondant
Fondant adds a special zest to cakes, pastries, and candies. See for yourself as a cake decorator creates fun with fondant.
- 1 lb 10oz Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/8 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 each eggs
- 1 each egg yolk
- 1/8 cup Cream
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of both Ground Cloves and Nutmeg
- 2 cups crushed Graham Crackers
- 1/8 to ¼ cup Melted Butter
- 1 10” Springform Pan
- Mix together butter and graham cracker crumbs until slightly holds it shape when compacted. Press into bottom of springform pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer combine sugar and cream cheese. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy stopping to scrape sides of bowl with rubber spatula a few times.
- Add flour and spices to mixture and combine.
- Add eggs, yolk, cream and vanilla last. Mix just until combined, finish stirring with rubber spatula.
- Pour mixture onto to crust and bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Turn oven down to 275 degrees and continue baking for about 45 minutes or until cheesecake is firm and has a nice jiggle.
Yield: 1- 10” cheesecake
Recipe compliments of Robin Hassett, The Dessert Tray