Check out the video story: Raised On Grass: Pastured Fed Animals New to the life of farming, a middle-aged couple make a career change from a professional life in Silicon Valley to commercially raising pasture fed animals on their newly purchased farm in Oregon.
Ingredients to make potato salad:
- 3 pounds baking potatoes (6-8)
- 1 pound bacon
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 quart mayonnaise (use as needed)
- 4-5 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3-4 stalks celery, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes into chunks and boil until a fork goes through them easily. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Fry bacon until crisp (not burnt!) and drain on paper towels. After cooling, chop into small pieces.
- Coarsely chop hard-boiled egg.
- Add together all the ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator. Though you may begin eating as soon as all is blended, it is best the next day, after all flavors have melded together.
Yield: Serves 4-6 people.
Recipe courtesy of Mom, aka Louise.