Check out the related video story: Food Network: Community Supported Agriculture
Yield: Serves 4-6 people as a side dish.
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of oregano, thyme, chives or basil chopped
- lotsa chopped garlic
- olive oil
- tomatoes cut in half (see note below)
- Mix chopped herbs and garlic with enough olive oil to create a pesto like consistency.
- Spread the herb-oil mixture on the bottom of a jelly roll pan or baking dish.
- Set tomatoes cut side down on top of the herb mixture on pan.
- Roast at 375 for around 30 min, or until tomato skins are crispy.
- Let pan cool for a few minutes, then pick off the tomato skins.
- Pour sauce over pasta, spread on bruchetta, puree as a base for tomato soup or freeze for later use.
Notes on tomato types: Romas are the best to use for this recipe since they are meaty and have thick skins that are easier to remove after baking, but it will work with other kinds of tomatoes too.
Recipe courtesy of Laura Masterson, 47th Avenue Farm