See TwoJunes related post: Homemade Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh peach puree (about 4 very ripe, peeled medium peaches)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. Amaretto
- 3/4 cup very cold milk
- 3/4 cup very cold heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites
- Combine all ingredients except egg whites and chill 30 minutes for flavors to mingle.
- Just before you get ready to make ice cream, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Fold whites into chilled peach mixture. (If you are cautious about raw egg whites, you can reconstitute pasteurized dried egg white. JustWhites is a good brand, usually in the baking section of the supermarket. Very rarely, it is also possible to find pasteurized raw whites in a carton in the dairy section.)
- Process according to ice cream maker directions. Serve with additional sliced peaches macerated with a bit of sugar and some more Amaretto.
Yield: Makes 1 quart of ice cream.
Recipe courtesy of TwoJunes, Lisa Bell and Nicole Rees