This pear bread recipe is sweet and delicious. Best of all, it’s easy to make with fresh pears.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup yogurt or buttermilk
- 1 cup coarsely chopped, cored pears
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Cream the butter:
- Gradually beat in the sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add to the egg mixture alternately with the yogurt.
- Stir in the pears and vanilla.
- Pour into buttered 9”x5”x3” loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Yield: Serves 6-8 people.
Recipe courtesy of Rebecca.
Check out the related video story: The Art of Food Photography The pictures can be tantalizing. Some even cause us to stop and stare. Join us, for a behind the scenes look at a food photographer and his team as they create sumptuous images out of fresh ingredients that seem to jump off the page.