Watch the related video story: Monastery Mustard From a very old family recipe, Deviled Eggs, remains a closely guarded secret. This wonderful mustard is hand-made by the Benedictine Sisters at Queen of Angels Monastery.
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons Glorious Garlic Monastery Mustard (or use your favorite flavor)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 fresh eggs
- fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- Cut eggs in half and set aside the whites.
- Mash the cooked yolk with rest of ingredients, until they are fully blended together.
- Refill egg white halves with mixture.
Yield: Serves 6-8 people
Recipe courtesy of Sister Terry Hall, Monastery Mustard