The Yamhill Valley Series Sampler
In this video sampler, the first in the Yamhill Valley Wine Series, we provide a brief glimpse of some of the upcoming stories that will be published over the next 5 weeks.
You may not be able to precisely locate the Yamhill Valley Wine Region of Oregon on any state map, but it unofficially resides within the larger Willamette Valley, the most fertile agricultural zone, and the largest wine producing area in the state.
There are approximately 200 wineries within the Willamette Valley, a geographic territory that extends from the cities of Portland to Eugene— about a 100 miles long and 60 miles wide that covers an area more than 3 million acres in size. Cooking Up a Story has partnered with the News-Register Publishing Company in McMinnville, Oregon to independently produce 10 short videos that showcase a wide sampling of the exciting wine producers, grape growers, and wine artisans that comprise this unique region of the world.
Our explorations include a visit to the oldest Pinot Noir grapevines in the state, and to a Oregon pioneering wine family where the second-generation has taken over the reins. We also visit with a young winemaker who is pushing the boundaries for growing unusual grape varietals, and talk with a cooper that produces custom designed wine barrels made of local Oregon and imported French oak woods.
The full series is listed below:
- The Yamhill Valley Wine Region of Oregon (series sampler) (2:06)
- The Oldest Pinot Noir Vines in the Willamette Valley (3:10) Eyrie Vineyards
- A Young Oregon Winemaker(2:21) Remy Wines
- Blending Wines: trisaetum (3:02) trisaetum Winery, Vineyards, and Gallery
- An Artisan Wine Barrel Maker (2:19) Oregon Barrel Works
- Sparkling Wines (2:42) Laurel Ridge Winery
- LIVE: A Sustainable Program for Wine Growers and Wineries (2:39) Bethel Heights Vineyard
- An Oregon Wine Grower: From Wall Street to Vineyard Farm (2:13) Shea Wine Cellars
- Other Fine Wines: Roussanne (2:37) Andrew Rich Vintner
- Oregon 2nd Generation Wine Producers: Sokol Blosser (2:30) Sokol Blosser
About our Yamhill Valley Wine Series partner: YamhillValley.com is the website companion to “Discover Yamhill Valley”’ publications, which are distributed by the News-Register Publishing Co. of McMinnville.