Dr. Temple Grandin, Associate Professor of Animal Science at Colorado State University talks about her approach to helping livestock handling facilities provide more humane treatment of farm animals. This is an excerpt from her talk delivered at the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Sustainable Foods Institute in Monterey, California, in May of 2009. Her understanding of farm animals has led to a revolution in their care and handling, and has helped the entire industry improve their handling facilities, and provide more consistent humane treatment to livestock.
Home » Temple Grandin: Humane Treatment of Livestock (video)
- Temple Grandin: The World Needs All Kinds of Minds
- Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations—CAFO’s: Dan Imhoff Speaks Out-2 (video)
- Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations—CAFO’s: Dan Imhoff Speaks Out (video)
- A Small Scale Integrated Livestock Farmer (video)
- One Farmers Perspective on the Raw Milk Debate (video)