Some of the world’s most controversial foods to how did plants conquer land? Is light partly responsible for the mass die off of insects? Is this a new tool in fighting obesity? Links to some of the recent pressing issues on the web.
● How Long Before These Salmon Are Gone? ‘Maybe 20 Years’ – The New York Times ● Prehistoric Parents Used Baby Bottles Made of Pottery —The New York Times ● The World’s Oceans Are in Danger, Major Climate Change Report Warns– The New York Times ● KFC’s new fried chicken and doughnut sandwich is terrifying […]
The long lingering tragedy of America’s original sin. The EPA says no to cancer warning on RoundUp, a gazpacho soup recipe and more.
● Seeds, kale and red meat once a month – how to eat the diet that will save the world – The Guardian ● Earth’s Food Supply Is Under Threat. These Fixes Would Go a Long Way. —The New York Times ● The EAT-Lancet Commission on Food, Planet, Health (Download summary (pdf) report)– Norwegian Think […]
● Micro-naps for plants: Flicking the lights on and off can save energy without hurting indoor agriculture harvest – The Conversation ● Why is Arkansas waging war on veggie burgers? —The Guardian ● The Creepy Anglerfish Comes to Light. (Just Don’t Get Too Close- The New York Times ● Can This Ancient Greek Medicine Cure […]
● US agriculture needs a 21st-century New Deal – The Conversation ● The Role of Trees in Climate Change – Crowther Lab ● So far cultured meat has been burgers – the next big challenge is animal-free steaks- The Conversation ● In Deep Water: The Emerging Threat Of Deep Sea Mining -Greenpeace ● We must […]
● Your ‘grass-fed’ beef may not have come from a cow grazing in a pasture. Here’s why.- The Washington Post ● ‘They’re coming to you’: A man played his sax for a herd of cows, and they loved it- The Washington Post ● The Negroni Is a Century Old, but Just Hitting Its Stride – […]
Currently in the news.
Recently curated content from around the web.