We talk with founder Lane Selman about the Culinary Breeding Network and their showcase event, along with other event participants and sample an exotic array of fresh vegetable varieties to learn more about their origins.
Some of our favorites:
from the archive:
Jon Bansen, a 3rd generation Oregon dairy farmer, switched from conventional to organic dairy farming. It changed his life.
Coming Next: 3-10-2015
The Mushroom Hunter: Interview with author, Langdon Cook
Langdon Cook spent thousands of hours with commercial (wild) mushroom hunters, immersed in a murky world between ordinary commerce and a very real taste of danger. We talk about his experiences while writing the book.
On social media, in cased you missed it:
- Big Food is feeling the pinch…Is the Junk-Food Era Drawing to a Close?
- Sounds bizarre, but…Would you wear a wedding dress made from fungus?
- Cigars and many agriculture products still banned…US eases restrictions on imports from Cuban entrepreneurs
- What Americans Can Learn From a Beautiful French Film About Farming
- Radical Farmers Use Fresh Food to Fight Racial Injustice and the New Jim Crow
- We should be watching this video & learn more about these 2 related trade agreements: #TTIP & #TPP
- Just Because Science Can Genetically Engineer Foods, Doesn’t Mean We Should
- Agroforestry crops getting attention…Mushrooms Turning a Profit for Forest Farmers in the Northeast
- Hurdles yet to be jumped…Op-Ed: The food movement has only just begun
- Drones and farming…A 99 percent reduction in herbicide use? One drone made it possible!
- 3-story stack of greenhouses…A Vacant Lot in Wyoming Will Become One of the World’s First Vertical Farms
- Unraveling the Gluten-Free Trend