An urban food garden tour.
Some of our favorites:
Raising Backyard Chickens (video)
Shop these one of a kind items from our store:
Cooking with Love: Alice’s Kitchen (video + recipe)
Ann Vilesis: Kitchen Literacy (video)
Coming Next: 6-17-2015
Eggs 101 (video)
Michele Knaus helps dissect the confusing labels on egg cartons to help us eaters better understand what we are really buying.
Some additional photos from our recent Farm Your Yard Kitchen Tour:
On social media and our blog, in cased you missed it:
- Mosaic artist fills potholes with images of flowers and frozen treats in Chicago
- Who’s Murdering Thousands of Chickens in South Carolina?
- 10 Things We Can All Do to Support a Local Food System
- A guide to planet-friendly seafood
- Foraging 101: 5 Rules for Finding Wild Foods
- Vintage menus are now on display at L.A. Public Library and they’re super cool!
- The Land Institute Sows a Revolutionary Grass in Kansas
- A gardener’s guide to saving the monarch
- Bartering and Sustainable Cities: Shaping a Different Value System in São Paulo
- World Union of Wholesale Markets Teams Up With UN to Fight Food Waste in Cities
- Breaking: Switzerland: Scientists Find the Secret to the Holes in Swiss Cheese
- Food and Water Watch releases its 2015 Factory Farm Map
- How to make homemade soap
- Largest organic grocer now Costco, Analysts Say