We have a winner and they’re soon-to-be organic farmers! Kimmy Rivera and her husband Daniel are starting a farm in the Adirondack Mountains in Upstate New York. As Kimmy indicated in her email, they hope to eventually start their own dairy and cheesemaking operation on Triple Green Jade Farm. How cool is that!
The Small Scale Dairy and Mastering Artisan Cheesemaking
Enter to win The Small Scale Dairy and Mastering Artisan Cheesemaking by Gianaclis Caldwell
In Gianaclis Caldwell’s two books listed above, the reader is given practical and thorough information from a truly knowledgeable source. Caldwell grew up on a farm, and returned to her roots 10 years ago when she bought a 25-acre property (a portion of her family’s original homestead) that became Pholia Farm Creamery and Dairy. There she kind of fell into becoming an artisan cheesemaker—a logical evolution from raising dairy goats. One artisan goat milk cheesemaker that also raises her own dairy goats says what makes for a great cheese is the quality of the milk. But that’s another story.
For those who would like to learn more, here’s a recent interview we filmed with Caldwell and the accompanying written post: Running a Small Scale Dairy Farm
These are the contest rules. No purchase is necessary in order to enter:
- Each task that you complete gives you an additional entry (like receiving a number of raffle tickets).
- The software picks a winner from all the entries.
- You must reside in the U.S. and be at least 18 years of age.
- The contest begins at 5:00am on April 9 (2015) and ends at 11:59PM on April 15.
- The winner will be announced within 48 hour after the contest closes. Once notified by email, the winner must respond within 24 hours in order to claim their prize.
- Please refer to the complete terms and conditions here.