Every year about this time my mom would get out the hand mixer, big mixing bowls, cookie trays (that were used only for cookies!), and get to work. It was time to start baking! Now, as a kid, this was a favorite time of the year. After a day of playing with my siblings and friends, we’d come inside, shake off the snow, and head for the kitchen where a cup of hot cocoa was waiting next to a plate of – yes, that’s right – her holiday snowball cookies.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it makes a lot of cookies! It has simple ingredients and easy to follow instructions. Don’t forget to save a few for yourself!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- confectioners sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add flour.
- Stir in pecans.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls.
- Place 1 inch apart on un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325ºF for 20-22 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned.
- Let stand 3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- Dust with confectioners sugar before serving.
Makes 6 dozen.