Katrina Blair, author of The Wild Wisdom of Weeds talks about the 13 wild weeds she says are essential for human survival.
Some of our favorites:
Shop these one of a kind items from our store from the Kristy Lombard collection
Coming Next: 5-19-2015
A Lavender Farm in Full Bloom (video)
There’s something magical about the lavender plant and seeing a large field in full bloom with bees gathering pollen on a warm summer day—what could be nicer?
Some unrelated photos of clover in full bloom 5 minutes from home:
On social media and our blog, in cased you missed it:
- The War on Wheat: Terror in the Belly?
- What is Your Water Footprint?
- As the World Turns to Its Billionaires
- 9 cheap, healthy foods to stock up on; cooking is the healthiest habit you can adopt
- Big News! Court Declares Vermont’s Genetically Engineered Food Labeling Law Constitutional
- In case you were thinking of making your own…Homemade Potting Soil Recipe
- “What would a fish-focused world look like in 2050?”…The inexorable rise of the fish farm
- The vegetable patches of east London are the hopes of a new generation
- 21 Inspirational Quotes From Goats
- Thinking of adding ducks this year?…Duckling Care and The Ancona Breed
- Looking to cut costs regarding chicken feed?……How to Grow Your Own Organic, Non-GMO Chicken Feed
- Food Stamps Are Worth Double at These Michigan Farmers Markets-Helping Families and Local Businesses
- Growing a campus orchard…Fruit trees planted at IU in partnership with Bloomington Community Orchard
- Would you try it?…Good News: Cricket Protein Bars are Almost Here
- Joshua Ozersky, Prolific Food Writer, Is Dead
- The Untapped Potential of Wasted Food
- Got goats, chickens, and bees?…Backyard Husbandry Tips for Safer, Healthier Animals
- Food Waste Inspiration: the French Make a Bold Proposal