My mom has a stack of favorite go-to recipes that has—over time—become my own favorite, as well. One of those is a classic: zucchini bread. Coming off of the growing season I had a lot of zucchini that needed to be put to good use. Couple that with always-hungry-boys and I decided it was time to make Mom’s zucchini bread again. It’s a real simple recipe and is a home run in our household every time. I like that this recipe makes 2 loaves – one for slicing and eating shortly after it comes out the oven and the other to be wrapped and stored in the freezer for a future day.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Add oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla to the beaten eggs, stir.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to batter. Stir until all is blended.
- Stir in nuts and place in buttered 8”x4” loaf pans.
- Bake at 350ºF for 1 hour.
- Check for doneness by inserting a clean knife into center of loaf and remove. Knife ought to come out clean.
- Remove and let cool before slicing.