“We use food as a narrative device to be able to profile the Palestinian people living in Gaza.” The cookbook also contains many recipes from Gaza.
Cookbook author and cooking instructor Ivy Manning demonstrates how easy it is to make tasty crackers, and spread from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Some favorite past episodes/posts
- 12 Garden Planning Tips to Maximize the Growing Season
- Ann Vilesis: Kitchen Literacy
- Eau De Vie Pear Brandy: A Personal Quest
Coming Next: 2-10-2015
A visit to a diversified farm where they breed and raise unusual varieties of livestock.
On social media, in cased you missed it:
- Why last night’s chicken made you sick…A Bug in the System
- Are you a DIY person?…39 Ways to Make Money Homesteading
- Photos by Erik Hoffner documenting efforts to save heritage breed livestock in Poland
- Learning from those who know…Minneapolis picks up urban agriculture tips from Cuba
- Diversity of voices is essential…The Color of Food Leadership
- 7 Tips For Eating Local Food in the Wintertime
- Getting creative with funding…Forget Venture Capitalists-This Scrappy Composting Co-Op Found Another Way to Get Startup Money