Boondockers Farm is a working farm dedicated to protecting rare species of heritage livestock and heirloom vegetable seeds.
Some of our favorites:
Spring is lambing season, we visit a farm that specializes in raising lambs. Witness an actual lamb being born!
How to Make Authentic East Coast Bagels (video + recipe)
Coming Next: 2-24-2015
The Culinary Breeders Network Showcase
Imagine a world where seed breeders, university researchers, chefs and farmers, all join forces to create varieties of crops chosen for flavor, nutrition and disease resistant properties. A sneak peak at the future of plant breeding.
On social media, in cased you missed it:
- Arctic apples coming our way…GMO Apples Get the Nod, But Not Much of a Welcoming Party
- A small but growing cohort of people is dedicated to making chocolate at home
- Cigars and many agriculture products still banned…US eases restrictions on imports from Cuban entrepreneurs
- This farmer tells her truth…What nobody told me about small farming: I can’t make a living
- Radical Farmers Use Fresh Food to Fight Racial Injustice and the New Jim Crow
- Mono-cropping your backyard…Rock star (urban) farmer is all about the money
- How 1 Bay Area couple plans to save the bees by planting 1 billion wildflowers
- New study confirms what makes common sense…If You Eat Organic You’ll be Exposed to Fewer Pesticides