Gianaclis Caldwell, cheesemaker and author of The Small Scale Dairy and Mastering Artisan Cheesemaking talks about running a small scale dairy farm and how she became a cheesemaker.
Some of our favorites:
Shop these one of a kind items from our store:
Coming Next: 4-21-2015
CannaMan Farms: Beginning a Marijuana Business (video)
It’s largely a cash only business and though recreational marijuana is still a felony under federal law, it’s now legal (each state has its own particular regulations) to possess, produce and to sell in Washington State and Colorado. Other states are soon to follow. We profile a marijuana entrepreneur—one of the early pioneers in the newly-minted recreational marijuana trade who’s licensed to operate as both a grower and as a processor.
The Miracle Goat Tree of Life
On social media, in cased you missed it:
- Buried In the Ground the Cruel Carbon Temptress Beckons Us Toward Doom
- Women Farmers Connect and Build Networks Through Shared Meals
- McDonald’s Raising Pay fro Employees in 1,500 Stores
- What’s It Like to Work on an Organic Farm?
- Wondering if older seeds are any good?…How to Test Seeds For Viability
- Replacing barriers with gardens…Neighbors Work Together on the Suburban Frontier
- California Imposes First-Ever Mandatory Water Restrictions. They’re Not Nearly Enough
- Will Teff Be the Next “It” Grain?
- Saving water? Tips for…Vegetable Gardening In a Drought
- Unanimous vote!…Portland Bans Use of Insecticides Believed To Be Harmful To Bees On City Property
- Students working on a compost project…How Urban Soil Farming Could Help Feed More People
- A serious reckoning for California Ag ahead…California Drought Tests History of Endless Growth
- Potential need for ‘food systems planners’…Why All Cities Should Have a Department of Food
- Lots to glean from…27 Brilliant PVC Pipe Projects For Your Yard & Garden