Langdon Cook discusses his book and some of the experiences he encountered while on the commercial mushroom trail.
Some of our past favorites:
Chef Michele Knaus whips up a dish of red flannel hash, perfect by the way, for the upcoming St Patrick’s holiday.
Coming Next: 3-24-2015
Self-Sufficient Living: Profile of an Urban Homesteader (video)
We visit with a “homesteader of the year” to learn more about her food garden lifestyle.
On social media, in cased you missed it:
- Beacon Food Forest…These #urbanfarmers want to feed the whole neighborhood – for free
- Is the era of Big Food coming to an end?
- Meet Frank Morton, plant breeder…The Power of Selection
- A new trend?…America’s 2nd-Largest Retail Chain Is Cutting Antibiotics From Its Meat
- Land that can’t be developed…A new home for #honeybees, just off the tarmac
- Bill Nye used to be skeptical of genetic modification—until he visited Monsanto
- Urban farm connects people to each other & the earth
- 100+ tips; Thx! to @thekitchn …Our Epic (Almost) A-Z Guide to Organizing Your Kitchen
- Women Over 65 Own Nearly a Third of Iowa’s Farmland-Can They Prevent the Next Dust Bowl?