Marisa McClellan, of Food In Jars, talks about the overall canning process. Working with high acid foods and the important role that sugar plays.
Some of our favorites:
Food Swap (video)
Featured product from our store:
Coming Next: 6-17-2015
In the Greenhouse with Dr. Alan Kapuler (video)
Research scientist and public domain plant breeder, Alan Kapuler, takes us on a tour of his exotic greenhouse, a 21-year biodiversity exploration.
These recent images are from a spring time visit to the Cooper Mountain Nature Park in the Portland Metro area. The cows are being used for natural grazing in order to reduce herbicide usage:
On social media and our blog, in cased you missed it:
- Watermelon surprise, or 10 facts and 4 recipes that might be new to you
- If you have ever eaten an egg from Costco, you should know this
- Some Urban Homesteader Is Living In a Bucolic Cabin on a Roof In Manhattan
- Clif Bar Spearheads $10M Investment to Fund 5 Endowed Chairs Focused on Organic Agricultural Research
- Trash fish? Bycatch? Underutilized fish? Call it what you want, but more appearing at New Orleans eateries.
- Why Joining the Urban Agriculture Movement Will Make You Healthier
- New website makes it easier for farmers to find land, and landowners to find farmers
- Check the #Seasonal Food Guide to find what’s in season near you
- Moving beyond processed foods…Fresh Ideas – and foods – at food pantries
- California Institute for Rural Studies Report: California Ag and Farm Labor, 1975-2014
- Very informative…how to test your raw milk